'Tis The Season


Although cupcakes and cake bites are my dessert of choice to make, I'll occasionally bake a regular layered cake.  This time, I wanted to be festive and make a 'present' from the cake.  I debated on whether I wanted to make the bow out of fondant or chocolate and decided on chocolate.  While chocolate is more fun to eat than fondant, it's definitely a more delicate medium.  I crafted these chocolate bows on strips of parchment paper, then curved the paper before the chocolate set.  On the next go around, I'll make the strips the same width and length, yet a little bit thicker, but not too bad for a first attempt!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see you saying "present" with your fingers adding the quotes :) This cake was even more impressive in person -bravo!

    ReplyDelete